Your joints, muscles, spinal docs, ligaments, and nerves can become injured or strained when you push your body to its limits in sports. At Harrisburg Family Chiropractic, we have been treating sports injuries for many years. Read on to learn more about the different types of sports injuries and how we treat them.
Common Sports Injuries that Chiropractic Care Can Help With
Whether you're an avid golfer, boxer, footballer, soccer player, tennis player, swimmer, cross-country runner, cross-fitter, or just like to stay active, it’s no fun to be sidelined by a sports injury. Many common sports injuries can be treated with chiropractic care, including:
- Muscle sprains and strains: This kind of injury is exceedingly common since we often push our muscles and tendons beyond their usable capacity while playing sports. A small strain may not cause undue pain or discomfort, but larger strains can take longer to heal unless you seek chiropractic care. Typical methods of care may include ultrasound, micro-massage, electromagnetic stimulation, musculoskeletal manipulation, cold and hot therapy, cryogenics, and more.
- Knee injuries: The knee joint contains four main bones and four main muscle groups that allow movement. They are all prone to injury in sports that put undue pressure on the hips, knees, and ankles. A chiropractor can help address misalignment, torn knee muscles, and ACL injuries, which account for around 40% of all sports injuries.
- Bone fractures: Bone fractures are also common sports injuries. Our chiropractor can help to make sure that bones are aligned properly, relieving your pain and restoring your range of motion.
- Concussion and head injuries: In sports like football, boxing, rugby, and soccer, head injuries are fairly common. Chiropractic care is an excellent way to recover from this type of injury.
- Back injuries: Sports injuries can either cause back problems or re-aggravate existing ones. Without proper alignment and spinal health, you cannot function at your best for day-to-day activities, let alone in sports.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Sports Injury Treatment in Harrisburg
Mainstream medicine often attempts to remedy a sports injury with pain medications alone without addressing the physiological issues that underpin the injury. With chiropractic care, you can often limit or avoid opioids while promoting natural healing. If you have recently suffered a sports injury in Harrisburg, contact Harrisburg Family Chiropractic today. Call us at (605) 767-7463 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.